Wednesday 13 June 2012

Summer Bucket List

I've been seeing a trend with some of the blogs that I follow; summer bucket lists. So I've decided to jump on the bandwagon! I love Summer (although, Fall is my favourite season). It always feels like it goes by so fast and June is slipping away! I hope to accomplish most of my list by the last day of summer and I'll revisit the list when that time comes :)




2012 Summer Bucket List 


Go camping twice. I used to spend entire summers camping with my family and about 5 weekends a summer in high school camping with friends. I miss it so much and I hope to get out a few times this year. 


Visit some college friends up North. My friends from college are like family to me. One of them has 2 kids and the other is due in November with her first. I used to go visit every few months, but it's becoming harder and harder to find the time (and money) to get up there for a visit. I need schedule a weekend this summer to go visit. 


Go on a road trip. I love driving. One of my favourite things to do is to roll down the window on a sunny day and turn up the radio and just drive. My boyfriend and I aren't planning much of a vacation this summer, so I think a road trip somewhere is in order. 


Run another 5k. My first 5k ever is this sunday. I'm hoping that it goes well and I'll want to sign up for another. 


Continue running regularly. Even if my 5k doesn't go well, I still want to continue running. I find that it's helping with my weight loss and it does make me feel good. 


Reach my birthday goal. To reach this goal, July and August will have to be GREAT months for weight loss.. so we'll see. I'm definitely going to try through!

Go strawberry/blueberry picking. I LOVE strawberry picking. My sister and I will be going this friday and blueberry season is in August. 


Try Kayaking. I've always been intrigued by kayaking and I really want to try it one of these days. 


Go on a hike. I haven't gone on a real, legitimate hike in a very long time. I'd like to seek out some local trails and head out!


Play tennis. There's a tennis court across the street from us and we've borrowed my sister's rackets. Now we just need to play... 


Go to a concert. There's a few that I have in mind...


Try the new roller coaster at Wonderland. It's the biggest coaster in Canada and fifth in the world (we can see it from our driveway). 





I feel like there's more that I want to add, but I can't think of them right now. I think it's a pretty good list though :) 




Summer doesn't get much better than this.  <3

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a big list!! But you have some great items on it. :) Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome list! I would love to go hiking! I live in South Carolina and we have tons of trails, I might have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not as familiar with my current area, so I'll have to do some research. Hopefully I can find something fun and close by :)

      Delete
  3. All of those things are totally doable. For me, incorporating fun ways to exercise is a great way to get through a hot summer. Kayaking is surprisingly great exercise! I can't wait to hear about your 5k. You're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!