Monday 17 September 2012

Friend Making Mondays: Blog stuff

Whoa, two posts in one day?! Crazytalk! 

I stumbled across www.alltheweigh.com the other day and noticed that she does this cool survey every monday called "Friend Making Monday" where bloggers sill out and post the survey on their blog then link it in the comment section of All the Weigh. It's a good way to connect with new blogs and bloggers. This week's theme was a little tough for me as I'm pretty new to blogging, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. 


 If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic! source 

 Blog Stuff


1.  Have you ever met anyone through your blog that led to an in-person friendship/relationship? I haven't yet, but I'm certainly not opposed to it! There are so many awsome bloggers (and readers!) out there that seem like great people and I would be thrilled to meet them. 
2.  Most bloggers have a specific niche.  What would you discuss if it didn’t seem inappropriate on your blog? I think I would talk more openly about my personal relationships, however, my blog is still private from my real-life friends and I'm not quite ready to share it with my family or friends yet. I don't feel that it's fair to speak too openly about anyone in particular without their permission and permission means that I would b telling them about the blog which is scary! ;)
3. If you could meet three bloggers, who would they be? That's a tough one! I could name a handful that I would love to meet one day, but one in particular would be Katie from Runs for Cookies. Hers was one of the first blogs that I started following and her story is very motivating! I'm not sure if I would've started blogging or running if it wasn't for her blog! 
4. If you had to choose between Facebook or Twitter which one would you choose?  If I took this survey last week I would have said Facebook, hands down. However, I recently signed up for Twitter and I'm enjoying it, which has surprised me! I don't have a lot of followers on Twitter yet, so I still use Facebook more, but I can see Twitter becoming a new favourite in the near future. you can follow me here
5. Do you vlog (video blog?) I haven't done a vlog and I never really considered it. I personally don't really like watching vlogs, but I've heard that some people love them. Perhaps one is in my future! 
6. How many blogs do you read on an average day? It varies, but it probably averages around 10-12 a day. 
7.  What is the coolest thing that you’ve seen online recently? Andie at "Can You Stay for dinner?" posted a link to an article called "Hey, Fat Gir" recently and it really hit home! I would reccomend reading it. 
8. If you gave your blog a new name what would it be? I still like the name of my blog, maybe I won't in a year or so, but for now it can stay :)
9. Have you ever attended a blog conference like Fitbloggin?  If not, would you? I haven't, but I would love to! I've been hearing so much about Fitbloggin and I'm so jealous of all the people going - it sounds like a great time!
10. In the past I have asked why you blog.  Now I want to know why you read blogs?  What do you take from it?  I read blogs to stay motivated in my weight loss journey. I love reading about other peoples success and it's great to relate to others who are not only succeeding, but struggling. 
Anyone is welcome to participate in "Friend Making Monday". 

Be sure to read my post from earlier today :)

11 comments:

  1. I really liked that "Hey, Fat Girl" post as well. Inspirational! I just found your blog from FMM. It's great! I can already see a real difference in your pictures. And, I love the mini-goal rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out some of the blogs you mentioned; I haven't read most of them. If you ever have the chance to meet a blog friend - do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope one day I'll be able too! Unfortunately most of the Bloggers I follow live in the US and I'm in Canada, but I love to travel so it's always an option :)

      Delete
  3. I loved Hey Fat Girl too!

    I follow some bloggers from Canada. I could round them up for you and send them if you would like!

    Cheers! Sabrina, stopping by from FMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from FMM

    I am "out" to my friends and family. That is what holds me back from posting my weight and measurements on my blog. I don't think I would be as embarrassed letting the wonderful blogging community know my true weight but to have them know...scary for sure!

    I read that post too (Hey Fatgirl) and WOW! Gives everything a new perspective.

    I'm now following you on Twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were "out" I'd be a lot more nervous about posting my stats as well. Not that anyone of them would care, but it's still scary! I'm following you now as well :)

      Delete
  5. Dropping by, sort of from FMM, but not really, I saw your reply on Kenlie's post today and thought the name of your blog was cool so I came over. Great answers! My Answers are here:
    http://www.wisdomcouragepower.blogspot.ca/2012/09/friend-making-mondayblog-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, now that I read your replies to other comments.. Your Canadian? Nice, me too!

      Delete
    2. That I am! I haven't come across to many so it's nice to meet one!

      Delete

I love comments!